I have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Mummy in training, Something crunchy mummy and Awesome austerity (Thank you ladies!).
I am so unorganised so am only just getting round to doing my post!
How it works: The One Lovely Blog award is given to you by fellow bloggers. You simply thank the lovely person/people who nominated you, write 7 facts about yourself and then nominate another 10 bloggers!
So here is 7 facts about me:
1. I am a statuesque 5ft 10in. I used to be a couple of inches taller but it appears I have shrunk. I am by far the tallest of all my friends. My other half is 6ft 3in, so I feel that there is a strong chance Betsy will grow to Amazonian woman proportions!
2. I have lived in Somerset for about 12 years. Before this I lived in London!
Right next to where Westfield's shopping centre is. I haven't been back there for a very long time though. The thought of it terrifies me. I feel like a total wimp, but I would just hate it. Too many people, too much going on. I may complain about the little town I live in now, that there is nothing to do, but I would so much rather live here then in a big bustling city.
3. I have a very ridiculous fear of pitted olives. I shudder at the thought of them (shuddering). I don't know why, to my knowledge I have never had a traumatic incident involving them. I am fine with non-pitted ones. I just hate them. My dear friend one hid them all over my house a few years ago. I was finding them for days. The most memorable hiding place for one was in a tub of butter.
4. I don't drive. I am desperate to. I did have driving lessons for a very long time a couple of years ago, and I also passed my theory test. I just never made it to my actual driving test. My theory test has now expired so I am going to have to start again from scratch. I am SO desperate to drive. I feel like life with a toddler would be so much easier if I could.
5. I cannot stand my ankles being touched. It makes me cringe so much. It is like nails on a chalkboard, but on a much worse scale. I cant even put into words how much I hate it. I lose all control when they are touched, and will do whatever it takes to stop it from happening. And, much like the pitted olives, I have no idea why this is. Maybe I was dangled from them as a child. Who knows.
6. When I was (I think) 15 I was a bridesmaid for my mum and stepdad. I was allowed a glass of wine with my meal. I liked the wine it turned out, so I sidled around the table and continually topped up my glass, and ended up being so drunk that I passed out and had to sleep it off on a chair at the back of the room.
7. Being a mum is the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. Not a day goes by where I don't get frustrated or upset at something regarding my daughter. I am totally exhausted, mentally and physically, every single night. And whilst of course she is worth it all and more, there are some days where I am very tempted to resign from my post.
Here are my 10 lovely bloggers that I nominate for the One Lovely Blog Award: